The information on this page is a bit out of date. We'll update this page as soon as we can.
To build donut for dream (your device needs to be an ADP1 running an official 1.6 system):
- Follow the normal steps to setup repo and check out the sources.
- At the root of your source tree, run ". build/envsetup.sh" like you normally would for an emulator build.
- Run "make adb" if you don't already have adb in your path.
- run "adb root".
- in vendor/htc/dream-open/ there is a script called "extract-files.sh" that must be run (from that directory) to extract some proprietary binaries from your device (*). You only need to do this once.
- run "lunch aosp_dream_us-eng" to specifically configure the build system for dream (the default is the equivalent of "lunch generic-eng", which doesn't contain dream-specific files).
- run make from the top of the source tree.
- from this point, the fastboot tool (which is put automatically in your path) can be used to flash a device: boot the device into the bootloader by holding the back key while pressing the power key, and run "fastboot -w flashall".
Note: these instructions work for the sapphire (ADP2) build target, as well. Simply replace "dream" with "sapphire" above.